5. Donations are tax deductible. Woohoo!
4. Giving to charity may improve your sense of wellbeing – knowing that you sacrificed something such as time or money in order to help others can help give you a sense of purpose and inner satisfaction.
3. You can help strengthen communities – Because HERO has two local storefronts to benefit the Fargo-Moorhead, and surrounding areas and we send healthcare supplies internationally, your donated time or money helps contribute to local AND global communities.
2. Donating and volunteering with a charity may result in improvement in health (no joke!) – Studies have shown that donating makes people feel physically healthier, lower stress levels, and even help manage chronic health conditions.
1. Donating feels good! – Remember, having the hands of a HERO comes with perks. We had to mention it!
Theresa, HERO Client
Top 5 Reasons to Donate
When we suspect something is medically amiss, it is in our human nature to go to the doctor and expect that he or she will detect the source of the problem, treat it, and life will resume as if nothing had happened. For Theresa, the luxury of a cure and return to normalcy was not an option.
Five years ago, Theresa started having severe pain caused by her bladder. It was later discovered her bladder was not normally function and never would be. She was left to adapt to the medical and financial burden of introducing catheters into her daily life.
In order to prevent unwanted leaking throughout the day, gauze because a necessity for Theresa and unfortunately, the cost of gauze pads adds up quickly when multiple pads are needed on a daily basis. In an attempt to cut costs, Theresa would occasionally resort to using toilet paper.
Although this was a cheaper method, it simply was not as effective. Toilet paper would get stuck in the tube, which would prevent proper drainage. Gauze truly was the best option for Theresa.
On a fixed income, she would either have to creatively budget her income or ask a nurse aid to help her. Theresa said admitting that the continuous cost of gauze being too expensive was embarrassing. Finally, a “medical and financial blessing” arrived when a former co-worker introduced her to HERO.
Before discovering HERO, Theresa was scared to changer her gauze pads more than once a day because of how expensive there were. Today, with access to a more affordable supply, she is finally able to feel comfortable using multiple gauze pads.
Her gratitude for the work HERO does for her and others like her is undeniable, and she is very proud to call herself a customer of HERO.
Heart of HERO
Hands of a HERO